The Mastercard N>XT event is pretty unique when it comes to hackathons, and the event is returning to Toronto Oct. 4 and 5, 2014.
Backed by a big name like Mastercard, the 30 teams in attendance will get to tackle very practical payment problems using Mastercard’s Simplify Commerce APIs and other external SDK. At last year’s event, teams created solutions for movie tickets payments, splitting bills and mobile payments at restaurants and more. Winners will split $30,000 in prizing.
There are some notable judges representing the numerous players – banks, processors, and carriers – involved in creating an effective mobile payment solution:
- Betty Devita – President of MasterCard Canada
- Aayaz A. Pira – VP of Digital Channels at CIBC
- Fraser Mackay – VP of Self Service Operations & Support at CIBC
- Jeppe Dorff – VP of Transaction Services at Rogers
Judges will rate projects on a scale of 1 to 100 based on the following three criteria:
- Business Value: Value to MasterCard and its key stakeholders (e.g. consumers, issuers, merchants and other partners)
- Creativity: How well does this improve the current retail experience? How have you leveraged the Simplify Commerce platform to develop a novel and user-friendly product?
- Completeness of Solution: Does the solution encompass aspects to advance the concept to the next stage?
The deadline to submit a team for the competition is Sept. 28, 2014. Learn more and register at the Mastercard N>XT website.